Support Pack for Services Dealing with Cases of COVID-19
Dear Service Provider,
A support pack for services who may experience cases of Covid-19 in their setting has been developed in conjunction with the HSE. The support pack is designed to help streamline the public health risk assessment process and to provide further information to services on what to expect should they need to undergo such a process. The packs includes:
- A letter from DCEDIY, English and Irish versions
- A detailed set of FAQs, English and Irish versions
- An Excel template which services are asked to complete and keep on hands in case they are required to undergo a public health risk assessment, and
- A list of contact details for regional public health departments.
You are not required to do anything immediately but you may wish to familiarise yourself with the material enclosed and complete the Excel template with the details of the children and adults in your service. The Excel template should be retained by the service and kept up to date as it may be required by public health should you experience a confirmed case in your setting.
Please note that it is important that service providers:
- remain accessible and monitor their phones/emails over the holiday period so that Public Health can collect vital information if required.
- ensure they have access to all their children’s files, parents contact details and addresses, phone numbers over the holiday period in the event that contact tracing and testing is required.
For all ELC and SAC COVID-19 related queries please see FAQs for services. For other queries call HSELive on 1850 24 1850. This service is open Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm.