The Department of Children & Youth Affairs will re-open the Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders who are registered with Tusla and hold a Level 5 or Level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). Fingal County Childcare Committee will process and appraise Learner Fund Bursary applications for the Fingal area.
The following rules apply to the Childminders Bursary:
1. This qualification for which the bursary is paid must be on the DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications list.
2. The award must be placed at level 5 or Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) and achieved in the academic years 2013-2019.
3. The bursary amount will be €750
4. The qualification must be a full, major award; the bursary cannot be paid in respect of partially completed awards.
5. Letters from training providers which state that a partially completed award is equivalent to a full award is not acceptable.
6. The qualification for which the bursary is paid must be that which qualifies the person to work in the Early Years Sector (and is at least level 7 on the NFQ).
7. Applications may only apply once and cannot be granted the Learner Fund bursary for a second time if they have already received it before.
8. The applicant cannot have received any public funding in support of their completing the award relating to this application.
9. Applicants must currently be a Tusla registered Childminding Service.
10. Application must be made by the holder of the award and not by any third party on their behalf.
With regard to (2) above: the graduating certificate must be provided with the application form along with photographic identification.
With regard to (7) above: the FCCC will cross-reference childminder Learner Fund grants from their records of previous rounds of Learner Fund while working in a centre-based childcare setting.
Late of incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The DCYA will make the decision on funding and all decisions are final.
Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders: The Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders will be available for Childminder applications in 2020.
Ø A DCYA reference number is required. If a childminder does not have a DCYA reference number, they will need to make an application for a DCYA reference number using the ‘DCYA Reference Number for Learner Fund Bursary for Childminders’ application form.
Ø Application form to be completed in full and by the deadline specified.
Ø Supporting documentation must be provided with the application form.
Timeframe for applications:
Bursaries are open for application: 19th August 2019
Deadline for submission of applications: 13th September 2019 at 4pm
Payment of approved applications: Week Beginning 18th November 2019