Early Intervention Team
HSE North West Dublin
Invitation to Workshop:
‘Promoting Positive Behaviour in Preschools’
We are writing to you in relation to you to let you know about an exciting new initiative that some of your staff members may be interested in.
This workshop uses elements of positive behaviour support and the Triple P Stepping Stones programme. It aims to support preschool staff to promote the learning and development of young children in addition to managing behaviour difficulties. The programme is designed for staff working with children who have additional needs.
In this programme, some of the things we will look at include:
· Psycho-Education: Child Development and Behaviour
· Teaching new skills and behaviours
· Recording behaviour and the appropriate use of rewards
· Encouraging good behaviour and managing misbehaviour
The programme aims to assist staff to approach the management of problems in a positive way that helps children learn and reach their full potential.
· Wednesday 17th October 9.30am-12.30pm: Session 1
· Wednesday 24th October 9.30am-12.30pm: Session 2
· Wednesday 31st October: NO SESSION
· Wednesday 7th November 9.30am-12.30pm: Session 3
· Wednesday 14th November 9.30am-12.30pm: Session 4
All sessions will take place from 9.30am-12pm
Ashgrove House, Kempton Estate, Navan Road, Dublin 7.
If you would like more information about the time and dates for the group, please email Katie Duffy, Assistant Psychologist no later than Monday 8th of October 2018 as places will be offered on a first come first served basis.
All staff members interested in attending must be able to commit to attending all four sessions to secure a place on the programme.
We will contact you to let you know if you have secured a place.
Dr. Jessica Russell-Carroll Lauren Burns
Senior Clinical Psychologist Senior Educational Psychologist